Holyhead ferry, can you just turn up and book?

Slaphead

or do you have to prebook?

I'll be travelling from the North east of england and am unsure which time ill arrive so im wondering if i can just turn up at Holyhead and take the next ferry home? At the moment im unsure which day it'll be even, sometime early next week im presuming.

Anyone know, and does it cost more?

might be answering my own question but i tried their homepage and i can book a ferry for 12:00 today, ie 3 hrs beforehand.
As i'll be travelling on a weekday im presuming it wont be full, worst case scenario i wait for the next one.

you can buy a ticket before you get on ....if you have a car and caravan or commercial vehicle id book ahead in case of disappointment

If you book a time and you don't make it there is a surcharge of somthing like €55 to change ferry times. Nolfolk Lines dont charge if you change your times - they are vey flexible.

If you book a time and you don't make it there is a surcharge of somthing like €55 to change ferry times. Nolfolk Lines dont charge if you change your times - they are vey flexible.

this is what im worried about, so i'd prefer just to turn up and pay on the spot, unless they charge heavily for this?

Back