Hollystown Dublin 15

S

shine

Hi

Im thinking of buying a new home in Hollystown dublin 15, Im not familiar with this part of Dublin, Any advice????????????

Re: hollystown

think harder, or familiarise yourself with the area, or Google it

Hi

Im thinking of buying a new home in Hollystown dublin 15, Im not familiar with this part of Dublin, Any advice????????????

I hope you like the sound of aeroplanes roaring overhead from early morning to late at night...buy some earplugs if you live there..

Not a bad area, A little out of the way from shops. No public transport service. The closest bus stop is in tyrellstown, a good walk away down some dodgy back roads. There's a golf course if you like golf and a pub up near the church in kilbride. Not much else to write home about,sorry.

Lovely houses,lovely area,nice neighbours.
Absolutely 0 facilities.
There is another older thread about the area too.

It's been a while since anyone posted to this thread. But I thought I would open this up again as I am considering moving to the area. I am already within the D15 location and looking to move to a detached home. What with the current market the houses in this area are now more affordable than ever. However, they are so affordable I am wondering if there is an issue with Hollystown in general? There seems to be a number of houses up for sale. There is always a reason but I am trying to work out if it is a symptom of the financial climate or other issues already touched on in this and other previous threads? Would appreciate some feedback! Thanks.

Hollystown

There is another thread about this area and it's interesting to note the views of those that actually live there versus those who don't. It's titled "Hollystown, Dublin 15, beside Hollystown Golf Course?"
There is certainly value to be had there, particularly with the new stamp.
Am also looking in this area as also like the idea of bigger detached and will be watching this thread with interest.
Have lived under flight path before and it's of no concern personally
Good luck

hopefully we will get some recent feedback. I did come across a write up in a local newsletter (picked up in shopping centre) within the last month that mentioned some rezoning of land for residential developments in the Tyrellstown area, between Mulhuddart and Hollystown. There was uproar given current ghost estates etc. Not sure where that will go but could be fuel for some people moving. I have yet to view any of the houses and so have no input from estate agents as to why people are moving e.g mortgage issues, moving up property ladder. Hopefully this thread will provide some honest local feedback.

Back