Hollow cavityblock insulation vs Dry Lining

elleirbag

Hi Folks,

My house was built in the 70's where they used a cavity block and not a cavity wall. The SEI don't offer grants for this type of insulation.

I have had a flyer through the door from a company which do this insulation but I have to say I'm a little bit suspect of the success of doing this. Has anyone done this before and what would your experience be?

I'm half considering dry lining ( internal ) as the insulation method...I presume this is better pumping the walls?
What do you think?
Thanks
Elleirbag

Hi Folks,

My house was built in the 70's where they used a cavity block and not a cavity wall. The SEI don't offer grants for this type of insulation.

I have had a flyer through the door from a company which do this insulation but I have to say I'm a little bit suspect of the success of doing this. Has anyone done this before and what would your experience be?

I'm half considering [broken link removed] ( internal ) as the insulation method...I presume this is better pumping the walls?
What do you think?
Thanks
Elleirbag
hi,

dry lining ( internal ) is the best insulation method

For long term safety from dampening, dry lining can be used to insulate the walls.
The procedure includes either fixing timber to the walls, fitting insulation between the battens and fixing and decorating the plasterboard,
or placing plaster dabs on the walls and pushing plasterboard on to them.

Back