Holidaying in Portugal after the abduction

findmadeline redirects to

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com

Her right eye identifies her so well that I think everyone should remember it.

Why depite the media frenzy have I never heard about her eye being so distinctive before ?

Even apart from this I''ve heard of people putting a baby monitor in the room and bringing the receiver down to the restaurant with them in the hotel.

I know of two separate instances where guests at a wedding used this tactic, employing mobile phones to "monitor" their sleeping children while the drank in the bar. Wonder if they'll do this now?

hi cgorman...

you must have serious self-control. I would loose the plot alltogether. seriously. I would have said it, i would have f*!ked all round me and had my say, despite his reaction.

That was my inital reaction - I was very angry, but having waited and waited my anger was replaced by serious concern for the child - myself and my girlfriend - we just wanted the child to be ok. - the kid was so upset and trumatised. Afterwards, as we walked away we just flipped - we we're furious... but we did manage to control ourselves until nearly out of earshot.

What we found most ironic was - her is a 30 odd year old father, presumably settled with a good job... blah, blah, blah... and yet it was two 19yr old students - supposedly the moral-less carefree fools of modern society - who actually looked out for the child. We found it strange to see societies presumptions about responsibilty flipped in this case.

As well as hoping and praying, you can also download an ePoster from www.findmadeline.com and put it up in public places.
I very much doubt that sticking the poster up in Dublin is going to help to be honest.
And if you or anyone you know has been holidaying in the area you should upload your holiday photos (scenes with other people in the background) to [broken link removed]
We were but having read that site (a) I don't feel that there is anything useful in our snaps and (b) I would not upload them anyway as I don't really trust the relevant authorities with our private data.

I think its really important because it cant be disguised but I've seriously heard more about the potential suspects than about any identifying characteristics.

Was her eye mentioned on the TV news for example?

This situation seems to get more odd by the day. If anyone remembers the story and tv movie "I know my 1st name is Steven" it's so easy to happen. A kid slips away in a store and disappears. In this case the parents were at dinner and something is said to have occurred. We can all slam parents for making mistakes, but if the worst were to occur each time there would be countless child deaths, disappearances and injuries. I remember hearing a thump when (after a long teething night) my girlfriend fell asleep while feeding the baby, who had also dozed off, and she had wriggled free in seconds and fallen from the couch. There but for the grace of god and such.

What is a little confusing about the situation is that immediately the press went off witch-hunting, nobody has dared think up of a different scenario than dirty paedo or dark skinned savage looking for a young white child (which is what has been put out). One idea that has not even been discussed is an internal family mishap, or a family member being involved.

you cant enter a room for 20 seconds without leaving DNA evidence behind you yet Im hearing nothing about this in relation to Madelines bedroom.

This could be a cold case unless there is someone nabbed or a resolution in a week.

I'd say it all depends on the demeanour of the father: if he didn't look particularly bothered when he eventually emererged, then I'd agree: your dead right.

However, I'd be still be slow to judge. A few years back, before I had my own children, I took my sister's two boys to the park, the younger was about four at the time. As can happen, despite being my being what I thought to be extra vigilent, what every parent knows can happen, did: turned my back for literally seconds and the younger one was gone. There then followed probably the worst five minutes of my life: it felt more like five hours. Of course, I eventually found him, he was happy as larry, having run off and found a new pal to play with. I remember thinking not to show how upset I was as I didn't want to scare him.

I'm not saying this is what happened in your case, just that I'd be slow to judge others without knowing (a) the exact circumstances and (b) how easy it is to make a mistake that on thinking back you'd never dream of doing.

As I said in another thread, I would not leave my jewellery lying around unattended in an apartment in Portugal. Paedophile rings etc. seemed to be the immediate reaction from the press but perhaps not from the police. It's almost as if people are afraid to ask how thoroughly the parents were questioned. I would have thought a GP would be well aware of the danger of leaving small children unattended. 'Accidents' like those mentioned in this thread occur all the time. However, the lady mentioned above, who fell asleep while breast feeding, did so through exhaustion, not because she decided she'd had enough and deliberately put the baby at risk. Madeleine was left in the apartment at 7 and reported missing at 10! Anyone who has small children knows that a child of four is perfectly capable of waking up and wandering out of either a door or a window in search of his/her parents. This apartment was on the ground floor with a window onto the road outside. What on earth were they thinking? As GPs they must come across all sorts of horror stories relating to children. If not from personal experience, then reading medical reviews etc.

There would be an awful lot of DNA in a rented apartment....the parents, children, the cleaners and, depending on how well the place was cleaned, previous occupants. DNA samples are useless unless you have something to compare them to. The 'flaw' in Maddie's eye was well reported. Her pupil appears to 'bleed' into the iris in the shape of a spy glass, or magnifying glass. The family produced a video which begins with a picture of Maddie with a spy glass in her eye. It's very clever and certainly draws attention to this fact. Once one has had it pointed out, it'd be very easily spotted. I, too, unfortunately think that this is now a cold case.

The Police chief said at the last press conference ( saturday )that they are confident of finding Madeleine. That's a pretty significant statement to make at this stage imo.
I don't think this is over by a long shot.

I very much doubt that sticking the poster up in Dublin is going to help to be honest.
That same thought struck me too, but then again - she has to be somewhere. She is as likely to be in Dublin as anywhere else, I guess.

Tesco in Merrion Centre already have a number of posters stuck up around the place. It can't do any harm.

I suppose if people on this site had contacts in other countries they could download the poster and forward it on. That might help too. Perhaps the overseas foreign property department??
I think the one with the reward money is more likely to attract the eye.

I'm surprised Madeleine has not been found by now. It really is heart-breaking to watch that family day after day trying to get on with things.
They threatened legal action to get the last description of a suspect released. Gordon Brown intervened according to several British papers. ( Times, Guardian)

I'd say it all depends on the demeanour of the father: if he didn't look particularly bothered when he eventually emererged, then I'd agree: your dead right.

As I said in my first post the father had clearly been playing tennis for some time, a considerable distance from the child and certainly out of his line of sight. When he emerged he didnt seem bothered at all in the slightest despite the child being obviously distraught.

As I said, if that's the case, you're dead right.

Theres a poster of Maddy on a boutique window in Dame street.

I think even if shes not here, if it raises awareness at home about the safety of our children it will be worth it.