Holiday Home Double Rent Relief

feltox

If a person who was renting a Holiday homes Via Finace Act 1995 Certain Resort areas was paying rent each year for a few properties and getting double rent relief up to end of 2008 and everything in order.

In 2009 the rent bill to landlords is say €45k and I am unable to pay up to now. ( I am lessee)

Can I still claim double rent relief for 2009 via (accrued rent due) or does rent have to be paid to make the claim.

If a person who was renting a Holiday homes Via Finace Act 1995 Certain Resort areas was paying rent each year for a few properties and getting double rent relief up to end of 2008 and everything in order.

In 2009 the rent bill to landlords is say €45k and I am unable to pay up to now. ( I am lessee)

Can I still claim double rent relief for 2009 via (accrued rent due) or does rent have to be paid to make the claim.

I really appreciate if any accountants/tax people on board have a view on above.

From what i hear it is not a common query until the downturn now and am looking for view of how it should be treated

thank you

Back