Holiday abroad February/March

dillsquatt

hi there
Havent got abroad for holidays since we were allowed , just a few long weekends in Ireland. Have loads of holidays left over and am allowed to carry over to end of March. Will use a certain amount for Christmas etc. but will still have lots left over. Have never been abroad before in February or March. Any ideas of where in Europe would have reasonable temperatures at this time of year. Not really into just lying on the beach. Somewhere with stuff to do during the day a few nice restaurants in evening. Any ideas welcome!

thanks

Canary Islands usually nice, Cyprus can be dodgy enough until end of March, i've been in Turkey (Alanya) in March and enjoyed some lovely weather. I've never been in Portuigal or mainland Spain that time of the year but friends tell me some parts can be gorgeous.

Why restrict yourself too Europe ??
Middle East -Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Qatar would be nice and warm with a wide variety of different restaurants too choose from.

I think at that time of year, the Middle East is a pretty good option, especially with the nunber of direct flights out of Dublin.

The problem with much of Europe is the unpredictability of the weather at that time of year. Yes, the Middle East can be a little soulless in terms of the hotels and high-rise etc. But you’re almost guaranteed the weather.

With February, just watch out for mid-term (both Ireland and the UK) and avoid it as the cost of flights and hotels skyrockets.

Skiing holiday ? Your whole day can be taken up and it's high energy. Book thru' a school and you get lessons in the morning with afternoon to either fool around yourself or go eating and drinking.

You might get good enough weather in Poland in March. February would still be cold though. Somewhere like Kraków would have plenty to do.

I think at that time of year, the Middle East is a pretty good option, especially with the nunber of direct flights out of Dublin.

The problem with much of Europe is the unpredictability of the weather at that time of year. Yes, the Middle East can be a little soulless in terms of the hotels and high-rise etc. But you’re almost guaranteed the weather.

With February, just watch out for mid-term (both Ireland and the UK) and avoid it as the cost of flights and hotels skyrockets.
It looks like direct flights to Qatar have been cancelled. Not much to do in Qatar anyway but ok for a few days.

It looks like direct flights to Qatar have been cancelled. Not much to do in Qatar anyway but ok for a few days.
No, they’re on. A pal of mine flew with them recently and I just searched for February there and I could see flights.

No, they’re on. A pal of mine flew with them recently and I just searched for February there and I could see flights.
Sorry about that. That's good news. It was on my phone this morning and could only find flights that had stop over.

Maybe head for a city break to Valencia or Malaga, Seville or Lisbon? Take day trips from your chosen location on local trains or buses.

Valencia is a gorgeous town. Make sure you see the seaworld exhibit called https://www.oceanografic.org/en/ This is really something else. Bear in mind it may be cool and dampish. Not a huge amount to the old town in my opinion. if I had the choice I would head south to Granada, Seville or Cordoba.

Back