HNW Investment/Wealth Managers in Ireland - your experiences

ExcellentBanana

Just wondering if anyone is/has been a client of either Davy, Investec, Tilman Brewin Dolphin, Quilter Cheviot, Goodbody, Barclays, others and what your experiences have been like.

Many thanks

Hello,

I have some dealings with Goodbody Wealth Management and I am happy with them.

I have a direct point of contact that is well versed, knows what he is doing and doesn't do the "hard sell", seems to have good support from colleagues when on holiday and there's a reasonably good online offering to compliment the personal contact.

I use Quilter Cheviot as my discretionary fund manager for clients. I find them very straight forward and they keep things simple. They take a more conservative view to investing, focusing on quality stocks. This can count against them with markets are doing well as they are not shooting out the lights but has stood in good stead over the long run.

Always be aware of companies that sell their own products. You may find yourself in structured bonds or some private equity deals that seem at odds with what you were looking for but pay big commissions to your fund manager to buy them with your money...

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back