Historical scheme- Manpower Work Experience Scheme

bmd1001

Registered User
Messages
16
Hi
Back in the 1980's I did a 26 week Manpower Work Experience Course, where i was placed in a private company for work experience and paid a small wage. Not sure if this was paid by the employer or by Manpower (I am assuming Manpower).

I have not been able to find anywhere online if i would have had PRSI stamps paid or credit on my behalf during that perod

Can anyone shed any light as i am trying to calculate my contributions for eligibiity for State pension and my contributions statement from mygov.ie doesn't seem to include any stamps for this period or during my employment with the same company on a regular employed basis for a year following the scheme
Regards
 
bmd1001 - did you get any info on your query - I'm in the same position - was on Manpower Community Emp Scheme and there is no record on any PRSI contributions
 
Welfare will also say you can alert them if your statement is incorrect which should provide an answer if it's not there. Community Employment was J class in my day but see now it is A (so always good to check) think ANCO was more like training so could be different.
 
AI - wikipedia

The AnCO (An Comhairle Oiliúna) training scheme, which operated in Ireland from 1967 until 1988 before merging into FÁS (and later SOLAS), was a state-run industrial training authority. Regarding PRSI, AnCO training and apprenticeships generally adhered to the following rules:
  • Apprentice Status: Apprentices registered under AnCO were considered to be in insurable employment, typically falling under Class A PRSI.
  • Off-the-job Training: During the 1970s and 1980s, apprentices attended off-the-job training as part of their 4-year training, and PRSI was deducted from their allowances/wages, which were a percentage of a skilled craftsman's rate.
  • AnCO/FÁS Schemes: Participants in certain FÁS/AnCO training schemes were often insurable for Occupational Injuries Benefits only (Class J).
  • Employer Obligations: Employers of AnCO apprentices were required to pay the employer's portion of PRSI for the duration of the training.
Note: AnCO was replaced by FÁS in 1988, which was later replaced by SOLAS in 2013. If you are looking for records from that time, they are now held by the Department of Social Protection
 
From memory Manpower was more like DSP who run CE, this was J for a long time bit now A
 
Welfare will also say you can alert them if your statement is incorrect which should provide an answer if it's not there.
Yes, I had a case of missing contributions which they helped to correct.
 
Hi Eileenog I’m trying to find out about a WEP Work Experience Program through National Manpower as well it was 1979/1980. Would Revenue have details. Have you asked Dsp for a statement of all employers records from when you started paying Insurance. Paid small amount by Manpower so records should exist. Do you have the name of the associated employer

I completed the wep for six months and worked there for six months approximately afterwards also and I’m looking for missing P.R.S.I. Contributions from another course of a year as well
 
November16 - I got DSP stement and nothing there for the period on WEP.... went back to DSP and made my case with the names of the ER and approx dates, but heard nothing since.
Its not really looking good :(
 
Eileenog

Keep at it. It takes at least 10 to 12 weeks for a response the last time I put in a query re lost insurance stamps P.R.S.I. Phoning may assist also I would try that.

I phoned, last year. It takes stamina and lots of patience.

I eventually received 6 weeks back from another query re work experience associated with a commercial course, run through V.E.C. in 1979 and work experience after that.
 
After several emails I finally got the definitive answer as below -

"The J cons have been awarded for your FAS course but as you did not work prior to the course you are not entitled to credits. The J class cons do not count towards the state pension.
The Work experience was not insurable so there is nothing we can award for this period"

....... so there the story ends :(
 
This has been addressed for CE with a move to A and a suggestion somewhere here it may be retrospective - why not appeal on that basis of unequal treatment with similar schemes doing similar work. If rejected (quite likely) you can go to the Ombudsman
 
Back
Top