High Delivery charges to Ireland

Ash

Recently bought from 7dayshop.com after a long gap. Unless I'm mis-remembering, they used offer free delivery.

The charge now for delivering to "Eire" is £7.95 which I think is a bit steep.

Fair enough that is for any size of order but the equivalent of approx €12.00 it is pretty expensive especially if only buying ink or a memory card, as I imagine the majority of people do.

Whatever happened to the policy of many Internet traders in offering free delivery?

Based on the high delivery charges, I'll think twice about ordering from 7dayshop again.

Given that the shipping charges to Ireland from 7dayshop are so high these days, does anyone have a recommendation for a good value online supplier of camera memory cards which wont charge the earth for postage?

Problem is that some suppliers in the UK treat Ireland as 'international'.

Problem is that some suppliers in the UK treat Ireland as 'international'.
what should they treat us as?
some suppliers it's free in UK and Ireland, some it's free UK delivery, you usually are made aware of the shipping costs before finalising the order so it's up to the individual to decide at that stage whether or not the price is too high.

what should they treat us as?
some suppliers it's free in UK and Ireland, some it's free UK delivery, you usually are made aware of the shipping costs before finalising the order so it's up to the individual to decide at that stage whether or not the price is too high.

I would tend to agree; I occasionally buy tools from online stores in the UK and Germany, shipping rates are based on weight of course but for a largish parcel (of less than 20kg) I usually pay between €12 and €15 per order, but my orders would be higher value (say €250- €500) which is an important factor when deciding to purchase. Ocassionally I will order with a friend and share the shipping costs.

Fair enough that is for any size of order but the equivalent of approx €12.00 it is pretty expensive especially if only buying ink or a memory card, as I imagine the majority of people do.
Whats makes you imagine this?

Unless I'm mis-remembering, they used offer free delivery.
No, it used to be £3.95.

£7.95 might be dear for just a single memory card, but not if you buy several items at once — which is the logical way to purchase from the likes of 7dayshop. Why not follow Carpenter's example and see if you can't make up a pooled order with a few friends or colleagues?

Recently bought from 7dayshop.com after a long gap. Unless I'm mis-remembering, they used offer free delivery.

The charge now for delivering to "Eire" is £7.95 which I think is a bit steep.

Whatever happened to the policy of many Internet traders in offering free delivery?

Based on the high delivery charges, I'll think twice about ordering from 7dayshop again.

Its all smoke and mirrors. Many internet retailers cross-subsidise the item cost with the shipping charges especially for cheaper items. This allows them to advertise the item at a very low price and while getting their margin in the shipping price. You often see this on ebay where the people that are selling something at a very low price have the highest shipping charges while those with more normal prices have low/free shipping.

Myself and some of my amateur photographer buddies have used these guys for cameras and lenses... considerable savings plus FREE delivery and "VAT free" guaranteed.

[broken link removed]

I have used 7 day shop a lot in the past but dont intend to in the future. MX2 who are also based in Guernsey and do a very similar range of goods dont charge for postage to Ireland. Seems like 7day shop are taking the mickey. [broken link removed]

Back