Heuston Station to Airport

roker

It's been a few years since I travelled through Dublin Airport.
What is the best way to get from the Heuston station to the Airport?
How much is a taxi? it may be better with our luggage

The Dublin Bus 748 might be an option - it's €6 a head and goes directly from Heuston
[broken link removed]

As you're getting on at the first stop there shouldn't be a problem with space for your bags.

A taxi would be about 35 euro at least the 748 is a great service every 30 outside the front door of the station and u can pay with cash so u don't have to worry about having coin

Hello Roker, We used the bus service a few weeks ago and had no problems. We were very lucky as the bus turned up within 5 minutes. do,nt worry you will not be the only one getting the airport bus, Regards Salaried.

100% 747 bus is the way to go. Taxi to the airport is pointless and very expensive. Loads of luggage space on the 747, its never really busy, though as someone mentioned there is always a few

As Username123 states, It was the 747 bus we took to the airport and back, I reckon it takes about 30 minutes.

Why not get the LUAS to Stephens Green and transfer to Metro North.

Its the northbound line, 10th stop, actually stops in the airport.

About 20 minutes travel time. :)

Sorry Roker, Callywags and Ronanc are correct, We used the 747 from O, Connell street previously. The 748 it is then ,Thanks for the correction lad,s.

747/748 - whichever one is waiting at Heuston and has airport written on it :D

Folks, just wanted to clarify something re the 748 service from Heuston: does it always go through the Port Tunnel on its way to the airport?
I've got a morning flight from Dublin on Friday and, while I've given myself plenty of time, I'm wary of the weather forecast and view the Tunnel as preferable to slogging it up through snowy roads on the Northside.

I just did the trip and the bus went from the station to the airport through the tunnel, coming back it came direct no tunnel, stopped at every set of lights in Dublin

Back