Helpling (website for cleaners) - Any experience?

Gordon Gekko

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of the Helpling website?

It’s sounds great in theory but my initial experience is that the good ones with the decent reviews seem to be taken; you request them but get assigned someone with no track record at all!

Thanks,

Gordon

I also found that they would agree to your requested day/time and then after a few weeks they are no longer available and ask to change. This actually happened me with 3 different people (as I needed it be a certain day, and I had to change a new person rather than a different day). After the 3rd time, I didnt go back.

Its good in theory, and has be going a while (previously hassle.com) but I'm not sure its working well. I also cant remember ever seeing a bad review for a cleaner, which is suspicious to me.

Our initial experience hasn’t been good; the website is tricky to navigate, we’ve been allocated two cleaners who’ve never been reviewed, and one of them is harrassing us via the chat feature. It sounds great in theory to be able to get someone with loads of previous experience and loads of good reviews, but the reality is rather different.

I've used them twice. The first time was quite good.
The second time was terrible. A young fellow who was clueless and did very little. First he arrived very late, without ringing to let me know. He didn't bring any cleaning materials (it's an optional extra). He was asked to clean the kitchen but the only thing he did was wash the floor. He didn't know anything about attachments for the vacuum cleaner. When I asked him to do dusting, he missed most of the cobwebs. When he was asked to clean bathrooms the only thing he did was clean the toilets - he did a good job of that though! I did give him a bad review and I did contact helpling afterwards.
I had visitors coming to stay. I ended up paying my kids to help me clean the next day. With my supervision, they did a much better job, and they probably learned something. At the time, I was more annoyed about the time wasted by the bad cleaner, than the money wasted.
I've visitors coming this week and I didn't book a cleaner. I'm going to pay my kids instead. I really couldn't face the thought of having to supervise or teach a helpling cleaner.
I might try the service again, but won't accept an inexperienced cleaner.

I've used them a few times, haven't been very impressed sadly. First time I'd booked someone to come on a bank holiday Saturday, the guy texted me the day before saying he couldn't come. I had people coming over that evening so had to do a rush job myself that morning.

Next time (so first time someone actually came out) was a young girl, she was brilliant the house was sparkling afterwards, but for her second time due she just never showed up. I texted her after about 30 minutes as I was waiting to go out and she asked could she come another day, no explanation.

Third time I got another lady, she seemed to fly through stuff while I was there, I left after about 30 mins and when I got back I don't think she had done much more (2 hour slot). There was actually a 'dent' on my double bed on the duvet where I think she had sat herself down for the rest of the time lol.

I haven't used them since, just don't feel like anyone I get is a) reliable and b) can do a better or at least match the standard of cleaning I can do if I get the time.

Pity as I will happily pay for someone to come regularly who is good and reliable. At the moment a girl comes every 2 weeks or so but I'm not sure she is doing what I'm asking her to (she was referred from a friend) so I'm still looking!

Back