Help with Sky Parental Control

Westie123

Hello,

Could someone please help with the following? I have the extra BBC and ITV channels stored in the "Other Channels" option. Under "Parental Control" I have hidden the "Adult" option in the EPG. The problem when I do this is that when my kids want to view the extra BBC/ITV channels they get asked for the PIN when they select "Other Channels". Obviously I don't want to reveal the PIN as they then can turn the Adult option back on in the EPG! Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
Alternatively, is there some way of moving the extra BBC/ITV channels out of the "Other Channels" and into the main EPG?

Thanks in advance.

Seems strange. I never get asked for my PIN when using 'Other Channels'. Does this happen all the time or later at night when programmes might have a 12, 15 or 18 cert recommendation on them? You might want to check your settings. In addition, if you remove the parental control altogether and then go to 'other channels' do you get asked for your PIN?

Unfortunately, you cannot add stations stored under 'other channels' to the EPG

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This happens all the time and when I restored the adult option to the EPG it stopped asking for the PIN for "Other Channels". Just to be sure I hid the adult option again using parental control and sure enough was asked for the PIN when I selected "Other Channels". It seems the two are linked together! It looks like you can't add anything to "Other Channels" and hide the adult option without being asked for a PIN. Maybe someone else might kindly try this out to see if it happens to someone else besides me.

Thanks.

This happens to us all the time - it's a pain. I haven't checked with Sky about it - I can't be bothered hanging on the phone for ages waiting to speak to someone.

I have this also, I think the reason is that technically you can add the adult channels manually without a pin, but then you need to go to other channels to watch them. So by having the pin on other channels it closes off this loophole but with the inconvenience you described.

Back