Help with sending eircom email from outlook

Juliel

Hi, I am unable to send my email from outlook, its an eircom email - I can recieve mail and I have checked the settings - it used to work for me before now. I am using a vodafone mobile broadband connection any ideas please???

Have you checked the outgoing SMTP Server and made sure that it was correct ?

You need to verify what kind of error you get ?
when it last worked ?
has anything changed since you last used it when it worked ?

Hi this is the error message I get, I have taken out the email address here :

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was( ) Subject 'Fw: ThePolarBear', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=109.79.32.49', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

You can only send email using mail1.eircom.net if you're connected via an eircom server.
Otherwise you'll have to use webmail.

looks like one of the email addresses you are trying to send to is blacklisted. Or your email as such is being sent to that many recipients that the mail server thinks it is spam.
Try to send a simple test email to one email address only that you know is working (you an also send it to your self) and see is this works.
If it works, try to find the email address that is being rejected by the mail server.

I have been able to send until recently am only sending one mail at a time, even doing a test on my own address??

before sending anymore mail, I would delete all outgoing mail and then create a new mail and send it to yourself .

Also, it states that you need to turn on SMTP Authentication,

here is the details of how to do this

need to turn on "SMTP Authentication", here's how:
In Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express:
  • Start Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express. From the menu > select Tools,
  • then >Accounts.
  • Click once on the appropriate account from the Mail tab.
  • Select Properties.
  • choose the Servers tab.
  • Put a check in the box for "My server requires authentication".
  • Click on the "Settings" button.
  • In the 'Outgoing Mail Server' dialog box, make sure "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selected.
  • Press "OK". Back at the "Properties",
  • click "Apply", then "OK".
  • Click "OK" to close out of all dialog boxes.

Can you confirm if you have :
1)deleted all mail in the outgoing mail box
2)that the SMTP Authentication is turned on ?

Can you create a new account following these steps
[broken link removed]

If it works, then you have a problem with the SMTP Server and you need to contact Eircom, the above would only be a temporary solution !

Please provide feedback if it works so that others with a similar problem can follow - or not follow the steps !

It also states that for
incoming mail it should be set to webmail.eircom.net
outgoing mail : mail1.eircom.net
with the incoming mail server as POP3

Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should NOT be ticked.

I am having problems also sending eircom mail and have been told by my broadband supplier that this seems to be quite a problem at the moment with eircom. I can get mail in and it is not always sending out.

I am having problems also sending eircom mail and have been told by my broadband supplier that this seems to be quite a problem at the moment with eircom. I can get mail in and it is not always sending out.

Well unfortunately whoever you were talking to from your broadband supplier doesn't know what they are talking about. If you are sending out email (doesn't matter who hosts your mail) you should be using the smtp server of your broadband supplier.

So eircom.net email, but you are using say irishbroadband, your smtp mail server should be set to irishbroadbands smtp server. Your incomming mail server will always pop server of your email provider - in your case mail1.eircom.net

All isp's only allow their own customers ip addresses (ie people who have their connectivity with them) to send mail - this is to help prevent abuse of their systems by spammers.

Thanks PaddyC I followed up with that and she tells me they don't have an outgoing server, that all companies don't have one. She said again there seems to be a problem with eircom mail so I'm going to ring them.

Back