Help with outstanding Debts

S

Smiley123

At present I owe the bones of 12,000 euro. I don't have the best credit history and I am getting doors closed in my face everywhere I go. Does anyone have any advice on how to get a loan with a bad credit history please.

hi Smiley123,
I dont have any financial background but what i can offer is advice from my experience.
I had a large debt before that ive managed to clear. Id advise you sit down and work out exactly what you owe and to who. You didn't mention if you've problems paying off your current debt so if you do, you need to figure out what debt is costing you the most in interest and start clearing that first.
If you've a bad credit history like i have, you will prob find it next to impossible to get a loan from mainstream lenders at present. If you're in debt already, why add to it? my advice would be to clear what debt you have and start to repair your credit history. credit history is kept on record for 5 yrs by the ICB after the debt is cleared so the sooner its cleared, the sooner its repaired!!! good luck :)

Hi sorting it!!
The debt that I have is from a business that i had before. I finished up in November and now have a fairly well paid job. Not getting any red letters or anything like that. Im trying this snowballing strategy. You pay more to one every week and eventually you will clear one quicker than the others and then pass that extra money to the next creditor. Thankfully Im not paying interest on any of them but its just the weight of paying them every week. Hopefully I should be cleared in about 4/5 months. Thanks for your advice.

Back