Help with form 11

J

jinjin

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice. I have been employed in the same 9-5 in the same place the last three years. In addition I am a musician and in the last year I have started to get an income from gigs and sales of an album I made this year. About 50% of the gigs are my own material + album sales and the rest are with a band in which we do mainly covers (playing Saturday nights and the odd wedding.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance to filling out a form 11 as I havent got a clue? I mean the additional income is a couple of thousand, but its hard earned. Also would I possibly qualify for the artists exemption on my own compositions and the gigs I do playing my own stuff?

I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thanks in advance!

ur musician activity means you must file a return.

To get the artists exemption you must apply for it demonstrating that you meet the requirements.

the exemption does not cover performance income.

Yohttp://www.conlonosullivan.ie/tax-advice/

If the non-PAYE income is less than €3,174 then you only have to file a form 12. This is alot more straightforward than registering as self-assessed and filing a form 11.

tkane is correct, make sure u deduct all your allowable expenses & ensure all your PAYE tax credits are up to date for pst 4 years. cud b refund due there

Back