Help! Will have access to deposit in a few weeks - can I make a bid on property now?

ggirl

I am a first time buyer and looking for some advice please. I am getting help with the deposit for a place but won't have access to it for 2 - 3 weeks. The thing is I have found the exact property I am looking for. It is in the development I have had my eye on for ages and I really don't want to miss out. My question is, can I make a bid now, explaining that I will have the deposit in a couple of weeks? My mortgage approval is all sorted so it is really just a case of waiting for the deposit to hit my bank account!
Also, it is a one bed, asking price 235,000. Could anyone advise me on a starting bid, please?
Any help would be realy appreciated, thanks!

Re: Help! Will hava access to deposit in a few weeks - can I make a bid on property n

In most cases you can pay a (refundable) booking deposit of 4-5000 euro and this will secure the property until you get your contract deposit and mortgage in order. Have you talked to the agent yet? Where is the property located?

Re: Help! Will hava access to deposit in a few weeks - can I make a bid on property n

Thanks. I just don't have the few grand at all until I get the money in a few weeks so I am stuck in limbo.
The area I am looking in is around Kiltipper.

The best thing to do would be to talk to the agent and explain your situation.

Back