Help: Wages/bank dispute

bond-007

I didn't get paid this morning. My money should have come my wifes aib account. Work claims they sent the money. The money is still not there. Get onto bank and they claim they can't tell if there is money in the system.

Work says they sent the money tough, its out of their hands.

Net result is I got no money. What comeback do I have in this situation?

Depends on your contract with your employer, but most likely none.

I would suggest having a suitable word with whoever controls your petty cash/payroll and ask them to advance €x00 for the weekend until your salary comes through.

You could try getting your employer to show you proof of when they submitted the payroll, etc . . . but that isn't likely to get your money any quicker.

Best advise is to ask them to advance the money for a few days. Unless they are in a mighty bad mood they should be understanding of the situation.

z

What mechanism does your employer use to pay wages - e.g. electronic transfer (which should be more or less instantaneous - same day or next day), non electronic transfer (which may take some time), cheques posted directly to banks etc.? Did your employer really say "tough"?!

Yes they said tough! :mad:

AFAIK they use electronic internet type transfers, they are with AIB too.

I would have expected such a transfer to be immediate so. Is it normally? Seems very odd and your employer's response doesn't sound too cooperative...

Were other employees affected by this? Any recent change of bank account details? Can you clarify exactly what you mean by ''My money should have come my wifes aib account?

Were other employees affected by this? Any recent change of bank account details?

Did you give them the account name (presumably your wife's name)? Normally when lodging to a bank account, you need to specify the account name as well as the account number, though I've no idea if the name is actually used in practice.

bond-007 said:
Normally the dosh is available on the stroke of midnight every other friday.

Do you mean midnight on the Thursday or the Friday? If it's the latter then surely there's another 75 minutes to go before you can say that there has been a hitch?

Thanks folks, the money is there now as of 13.50 on saturday. Can anyone account for the hitch?

You probably need to talk to AIB, but it might also help us to understand the context if you answer my previous questions, i.e.

Were other employees affected by this?
Any recent change of bank account details?
Did you give them the account name (presumably your wife's name)?

Were other employees affected by this?
I don't know tbh, I shall enquire on monday.
Any recent change of bank account details?
I changed from PTSB to AIB for my wages deposit.
I didn't give them the name as it is tbh none of their business. I was assured that so long as you have the correct sort code and account number the money will go through no problems. AIB tell me you dont need a name.

You are correct, all you need is the correct sort code and account number. You dont need the name on the account but it is handy for searching/checking purposes

Are you sure however that the details you gave are correct.

Have you checked your old PTSB account?

I imagine this will turn out to be an error made by the payroll department.

Let us know how you get on when you contact your payroll department on Monday.

bond-007 said:
I didn't give them the name as it is tbh none of their business. I was assured that so long as you have the correct sort code and account number the money will go through no problems.
I'm wondering if the fact that the account name was different to the employee name could have triggered some exception/warning that held up the transaction for one day?

bond-007 said:
AIB tell me you dont need a name.
I wouldn't take the word of a branch official as gospel. I bet a fiver that if I ring up a different branch official in the same branch, I might get a different answer. You'd really need to be speaking to someone who knows their clearing system inside-out to get a definitive answer.

i use boi's banking online to pay my staff, if i dont pay before 10.30am then it takes 2 days to process, it sounds something like this tbh

Hi Bond-007,

Did you get a resolution to this problem? Did the fault lie with the Bank, the Payroll Department or somewhere else?

Thanks,
ajapale

why does everyone seem to be using online banking to pay employees ?
why not use PayPath all the banks support and it cna set up ready to go a week in advance

ajapale said:
Hi Bond-007,

Did you get a resolution to this problem? Did the fault lie with the Bank, the Payroll Department or somewhere else?

Thanks,
ajapale
My wages went in this morning without a hitch.

I suspect that the payroll was done a day late. :(

Clubman see my thread, where does my wages go. It takes 4 working days for my employers electronic transfer to reach my account

Roker

Back