Help to Buy scheme - applicable for rebuild of a ruin of an existing dwelling house??

Discussion in 'Mortgages and buying and selling homes' started by Bingobongo, Jan 3, 2017.

  1. Bingobongo

    Bingobongo New Member


    This is my first time looking at this site so apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread.

    My wife and I don't own any properties. We're planning to rebuild a house that's on my parent's land and use this as our primary residence. This house hasn't been lived in for 25 years and it needs to be completely gutted, renovated and extended. The only thing that could survive from the house are some of the walls - the roof, floors and everything else would all have to be replaced.

    Would this scenario be covered under the new Help to Buy deposit scheme? I'm not sure if this would be considered as a self build?