help req'd with digiweb DSL BB

zat29

i have just got my digiweb DSL BB modem and set it up to connect to the net via the main phone socket (extensions wouldn't work). the trouble is the connection speed is very slow, sluggish and in fact my old dial up is quicker. Any ideas what might be the problem?? I didn't know the area was BB enabled yet but it must be if I can connect (albeit very slowly). the 'last mile' of copper is also probably old (~40 years)

zat29 said:
(extensions wouldn't work)
Did you install DSL splitters/microfilters in the appropriate places?
the trouble is the connection speed is very slow, sluggish and in fact my old dial up is quicker. Any ideas what might be the problem??
Ditto?

clubman, no i've only installed a DSL splitter/microfilter on the main incoming line. From the exchange side prior to going to the splitter/filter the phone line does branch off around the house to various extensions, one of which does not have a phone connected. Another phone has a filter installed on the line and is very noisy! This phoneline connects back to the exchange side of the original filter - should it be the other way around - i.e. Should i have the DSL splitter/filter connected to the exchange directly and all further extensions connected to the phoneline side of the DLS splitter? hmmm

problem solved. i disconnected all other phonelines and connected only the DSL filter / splitter on the main phoneline. speeds are now broadband up to about 105kB/s - not bad for a 1Mbps line (125kB/s)

Back