help regarding a builder

jonpaul2507

My brother is having his own house built at the moment and he took on a block layer a few months back everything was good the block layer was good plus his labourer. he wanted cash only so that was ok too. but my brother failed to tell me that the blocklayer got money from him in advance over 6000 euro. so things started sliding the blocklayer didnt show up and they ended out falling out over it and he wont return the money. does my brother have a leg to stand on because it was paid for in cash. he says he is going to ring a soliciter but i think he has just lost 6 grand.
his house had to be completed by another builder costing him even more money

Re: help regaurding a builder

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your brother's problems. In building his own house he certainly does not need this added stress.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have a read of this post (provided by solicitor) and the advice given there it would appear that he would not get too much help by going to court.

Did he get any work done at all for the €6,000.00?

thanks for that link and your reply, so evidently my fears have been confirmed. i wonder has this guy done this before.
he done three quarters of the work to the house but didnt finish it. he has left roughly 6000 euros worth of work not done. so i wonder would a solicitor even bother take such a case.

An anonymous call to the revenue detailing that the guy is a cash demander should help ruin his whole day.

Back