Help!! Need to change my life!!!

FIS stands for family income supplement. It's for single parents and families on a low income that can get extra help.

Figures are not correct just a very quick way of explaining it:

Single parent or family with 2 children income limit for FIS..... 500 euro.

All means assessed income adds up to 400 euro. So that leaves 100 euro in the difference. With FIS you get 60% of the difference so in this case the single parent/family would receive an extra 60 euro on top of what ever else they were receiving weather it is wages, benefits or a mix of the two.

Hi There,

I do understand people requiring help from time to time and people who are raising kids alone etc needing some benefits. I don't understand however how the state (who I believe are primarily to blame) can be handing out this kind of money to people, this leads to absolutely no incentive for people to go back to work.

What really makes me angry is people who lie about being alone when in fact they are shacked up very nicely with their partner etc and still claiming while the rest of us are penalised for being married and working and don't get a cent!

I commend this person for saying that they would like to get back to work, I think however she picked the wrong forum to be stating that her partner who already owns a house will be getting another mortgage with her! That infuriates me, why not just get a job and have her partner help her out while she's getting back into work. After all if you are entering into a mortgage with someone then surely you're serious enough about them to help out with money.

Back