Help in booking first sun holiday

slookie

Hi all, Am hoping to go on a sun holiday in September to Spain, Portugal, Greece...anywhere!! There will be 3 couples, all aged late 20's, and all married. (if that makes a difference!) Anyway, it will be my first sun holiday so want to do it right. Some requirements are....
  • Have no interest in lying at pool all day every day...need plenty af water parks and activities.
  • Need somewhere with a good nightlife.
  • We were looking at renting a villa for a week and booking flights separate. Anyone recommend any decent villas, or good websites for same. Did a search here but no joy.
As i said I don't care where we go as long as there is sun and craic. Hiring a car would be ok too if needs be.

Look forward to all your help.

you would like fuengirola or albufeira. both places with lots to do during the day, from fuengirola you can do a 1 or 2 day trip to north africa. www.holidayrentals.co.uk for the villas. there is good nightlife in both these places but it can also be avoided if you want. i have been to both places and would recommend both.

FYI - these places are not pristine beaches etc or caribeean style but they are the best you will get in over developed europe

forgot to say also, if you go to fuengirola you can do day trips to malaga / seville etc.

from albufeira you can go to lisbon

i would highly recommend Lanzarote - its a beautiful island, have been going to it for the past 7 years with and without the kids, great spot, nightlife, beaches, restaurants, golf in costa teguise, aquapark etc and you can island hop to Furventura etc plenty to do.. have a look on tripadvisor for ideas and holidaylets for villas etc. hpe this helps

We're just back from Salou. Has all that you mentioned. Portaventura theme park, lots of bars and clubs, nice beaches and just over an hour away from Barcelona by train. We got cheap enough flights into Reus through Ryanair (10min from Salou) and very reasonable accomodation with alpharooms. Try villarenters.com or holidayrentals.co.uk as posted by spursfan

I would first check on Alpharooms.com . I have always found them cheapest for any holiday i was on.
Vilamoura on the Algarve is also very good,there are theme parks close by and if you or any of your travelling companions are into Golf ye will be spoiled for choice.
Costa del Sol also has lots of good places.If money is not a problem there is always the Fortina Spa hotel in Malta, its a 5 star all inclusive,very good,with 6 restaurants to choose from.
Where ever you decide i hope its a good holiday.

Joer, Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions here - your first sunholiday - sharing accommodation with two other couples - you know what you want - But, do the others know what you want? - Do you know what they want?

Forgive me - this holiday could be recipe for disaster and I hope I am wrong!

If you do decide on Lanzarote I stayed in a lovely Villa in March. I booked it through a UK website...ocean club holidays I think. The Villa was Villa Neptune/Venus (there are 3 of them beside each other). They are 3 bedroom villas with their own private pool per villa. Try to bargain with them...I did and got a bit off the price.

FYI - these places are not pristine beaches etc or caribeean style but they are the best you will get in over developed europe

Not sure what you mean by the above. Some of the beaches on the Algarve are stunning. There are 13 blue flag beaches around Albufeira alone. Examples: Sao Rafael, Praia da Falesia. As good as any.

forgot to say also, if you go to fuengirola you can do day trips to malaga / seville etc.

from albufeira you can go to lisbon

From Albufeira you can also go to Seville. 2 1/2 hours by car. Motorway all the way.

i have to agree with "notagardener" - salou is very easy to get to, either reus or barcelona airports with ryanair. water park and amusement park will pass 2 days. day trip to barcelona is worthwhile if anyone is interested in football stadiums or shops.

Can you live with two other couples for a week or two? That's the first question I'd ask myself. There are very few people who can do this. It's hard enough living with one's own spouse.

i would completely disagree. salou is the kip. unless you like ballymun in the sun kind of thing

i would completely disagree. salou is the kip. unless you like ballymun in the sun kind of thing

i would think that post is quite insulting to all the people who holiday in salou every year and are not "ballymun in the sun" types.

I think Leper and Bronte have hit the nail on the head. Going on holidays with other couples/people can be disastrous. Instead of having your own independence you may be forced to do things to suit others. Their interests may not be your interests. Some people like to laze in the sun all day, others like to explore. Some like to drink and party all night, others like early to bed and an early morning walk on the beach. Some like to shop, others want to avoid shops. Nothing worse than standing around trying to find something which suits all parties. Have your own room, apartment or villa. Treasure your freedom so that everything you do is enjoyable to you and what you want. Make sure the ground rules are clear before departing. You all want to be friends on return.

But Leper thats why i said about the Waterparks and the Golf.Perhaps some might like one or the other.
Apart from that who says that they wont like each others company for a week.There is only one way to find out.

My Gawd Joer (American Accent) My Gawd Joer, I'm only tryin' ta help, for gawdsake. You never know unless you go.

Back