Help!! Draft Civil Bill

Plumbjob

Hi Lads. Seems like I'm in a little bit of a jam. I have a loan with AIB for a couple of grand that I took out around 2007. Anyways, I lost my plumbing job and couldn't pay the loan. I went into the bank to discuss a repayment plan of 10 euro a week until I got sorted (that's all I could afford). The bank refused saying it wasn't enough. I asked them what to do next and they said that they would contact me soon (the woman actually said 'leave it with us').
I didn't think any more of it. I didn't hear a peep from the bank since then. Suddenly last week, I get a letter from a debt collection company in Dublin demanding the loan. Then I got a letter from a solicitor demanding payment aswell. Today I got a letter from the same solicitor enclosing a Draft Civil Bill. I don't know what to do.
I offered to keep paying what I could on the loan back in 2009 but waited to see what the bank would say when the refused my offer. Now within the space of a week I'm being threatened like there's no tomorrow.
Sorry for the long post but I don't know what to do...

Why do you think it's a draft civil bill? More likely it's an actual civil bill and now you need o enter an appearance and then a defense or else attempt to negotiate if you have no defence

Back