Help choosing savings/deposit options

SillyBilly

Hi, I am considering options for my savings for the next 12 months. Don't fancy too much work with drip feeding etc. so have narrowed it down to what seems to me the two easiest options but can't work out which has best return, I'm not great on the maths end of things and would really appreciate some advice! I have €20,000 available now with a further €6000-8000 becoming available later.

1) €20,000 in Anglo-Irish fixed term for 1 yr at 6% and €6000-8000 put into PTSB 21 day notice at 4.75% later (this account is already open and in use)

or

2) €16,000 in Anglo-Irish fixed term for 1 yr at 6% and €1000 p/month fed to Anglo-Irish Regular Annual Saver at 8% (starting now) from PTSB 21 day notice at 4.75% (I can skip monthly payments if needed so total will be €10000-12000)

It's all a bit beyond me, especially as some of the rates are variable. Apologies if I missed anything and thanks in advance!

Option 2 earns about €135 (before DIRT) more, but is it worth the effort? You could also do better than 4.75% with a demand account.

Yeah - like the Anglo Premium Demand Deposit Account offering 5.5% on sums up to €100K.

Thanks for the replies! It took me a few minutes to work out how to get money from the anglo premium into the anglo regular savers, until I realised I just use my existing current a/c as a middle step... (probably with a SO from it to the regular savers)

Dilemma over, thanks again for your help!

Back