Heating problem, Gas boiler

lyonsie

I have looked in the previous threads about Gas Boilers, but none answer my question. We have a Potterton Suprima 60L (I think thats the name) and last night I put it on for 1 hour boost for the upstairs.... The heating operates seperately for upstairs, downstairs and water.
During the night I awoke to find the heat on full blast, try as I might I could not turn it off. I first turned down the thermostat, which would normally turn if off immediately. Then I turned the upstairs section of the system off, and it still came on. Tried a few other things, but no improvement. Had to turn off the system by the main switch.
Does anyone know what the problem might be. The heating system has no problem coming on... so I think the boiler might be ok. Could it be the control panel. Even when I had it off, but the system was fired up, the indicator light was not on. The panel is a 'Newlec NLH37'. I have followed the instructions and re-set it to its default setting and re-set it, but the same problem.
Any ideas????

Sounds like a motorised valve is faulty.Its a valve with a wire box attached to it.

Yeah, Davy, this was posted in the wrong forum earlier, same conclusion, mv microswitch stuck in the 'on' position

Back