Wrong forum Heat loss from boiler to house became apparent during frosty snowy weather.

Builder

I have just realised that I am loosing heat between my wood pellet boiler which is in the garage and my house (they are about 15ft apart).

During the extremely cold and snowy weather the snow has thawed around the area where the pipe is going from the garage into the house, the remainder of the snow is still present away from this thawed area.

What can I do to rectify this heat loss?

I believe that there is a sewer pipe from the garage into the house into which the heating pipe was placed, this is underneath my tarmac.

I think that I could get access to the end of the sewer pipe in the garage.

Would it be possible to pump some sort of insulation into this pipe, or if need be I would dig up tarmac to try to rectify this problem.

Anybody got any ideas.

I believe that there is a sewer pipe from the garage into the house into which the heating pipe was placed,

:eek: :eek:

What makes you believe this, I hope it isn't true.:confused:

our pipes are in a sewer pipe but the pipes were filled with expanding foam. holes were drilled into the pipe then the foam was squeezed in all long the pipe.

Heat loss from boiler to house

Hi Mosstown,
Thanks for reply, I guess I may have to do the same, unfortunately I will have to dig up the new tarmac and the garage floor to get access to the sewer pipe.

Maybe some heat loss is just inevitable?

I noticed in our estate that the area around the sewer manholes was permanently thawed even on the coldest days.

:eek: :eek:

What makes you believe this, I hope it isn't true.:confused:

Think I get this now....the actual sewer pipes for the house weren't used to run pipes through...just a piece of sewer pipe was used for insulation purposes.. :eek:

Back