Health Insurance Health Insurance Renewal.

Investor100

Hi,
My brother's health insurance is due for renewal on the 1st April. He is with Laya and is on the Essential Health 300 Benefit plan, and he is single. The renewal price / premium is €1,093.54. I am trying to source similar plans, with the same / similar cover, for less. I have tried to compare plans on the hia.ie website, and I realise that increasing the excess will lower the premium, but I am still having difficulty in trying to select a similar plan to Essential Health for a better price. Any advice / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi,
My brother's health insurance is due for renewal on the 1st April. He is with Laya and is on the Essential Health 300 Benefit plan, and he is single. The renewal price / premium is €1,093.54. I am trying to source similar plans, with the same / similar cover, for less. I have tried to compare plans on the hia.ie website, and I realise that increasing the excess will lower the premium, but I am still having difficulty in trying to select a similar plan to Essential Health for a better price. Any advice / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi Investor100,

Both Signify and Signify Plus plans, from Laya, offer broadly similar cover to Essential Health 300 at a cheaper price.

However there is a 20% shortfall on Specified Orthopaedic & Ophthalmic Procedures with both these plans. So if replacement hips or knees are issues to be addressed in the near future I would be very careful about moving away from plans that offer full cover for these procedures.

If Orthopaedics are not an issue then there are savings up to €190 to be had by switching to one of these plans

I hope this is helpful.

Hi Riomhaire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to research my query and for posting a reply. The information you have provided is very useful. Orthopaedics are not a concern and he is going to switch to the Signify plan.

Thanks again.

Investor100

Back