Health Insurance Health Insurance renewal - Single, 40, Male

Sideview

Hi,
My health insurance is up for renewal shortly.
I'm currently with Laya on the Assure Vitality scheme. I have been for a few years now and never really considered it much. Having turned 40 this year I probably should start to consider better options.
I'm single, male, 40 with no known issues and fairly healthy. I live in Santry if that makes any difference.
I wouldn't mind paying some extra p/m. I really don't know what kind of health insurance people in my circumstance tend to go for.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Check out www.hia.ie for starters.
Thanks. I've had a browse through them and done the compare. There are just so many to go through and it's very hard to predict what you might need.
I'll try and step up from the cover I have anyway as that doesn't really seem to cover very much at all.

Hi Sideview,

The following plans are worth considering, they cover all public and private hospitals. The only difference is the amount of excess to pay if
admitted to a private hospital for a stay or day case procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.

1. VHI One Plan 500; price 715pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private excess 500 x 2 max per year for all private admissions,
day case excess 150 per procedure.

2. VHI One Plan 250; price 832pa; all public and private hospitals covered; private excess 250 x 2 max per year for all private admissions, day case
excess 150 per procedure.

3. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private excess 150 x 2 max per year for all admissions,
day case excess 50 per private procedure, good day to day cover included 50% refund for gp visits, consultant visits, dental, physio etc.
This plan ticks all the boxes for both hospital and day to day cover, maybe if not necessary for now, to keep in mind for future years.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back