VHI Health insurance renewal query?

blanketyblank

I am presently with VHI and on Teachers Plan. I have about 25 days to renewal and need to make some savings this year.
This plan is now gone up to about 1500 per year. It also used to have no excess for admission but now has 50 per admission to Barringtons. I am in the mid west so am only interested in cover for public hospitals in this area and Barringtons whichis the only private hospital near to me.
Ideally I would like to lower the cost and keep the following:
No excess on admission as I tend to be admitted regularly enough - or as near to no excess as possible
I'd like better day to day cover if possible -
I have always been with VHI so if possible would like to stay with them if they have something suitable but am open to hearing what other companies have on offer too

thanks

Hi DireTrouble1234,

Welcome to AAM.
There are 2 VHI plans with no excess to pay for private hospital admissions or day case procedures.
I don't know where the 1500 price for Teachers Plan is coming from, as its now priced at 1679pa - maybe you have a discount built into
that price.
Details as follows;
1. VHI PMI 38 14; price 1679pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no excess to pay for any admissions or day case in private
or hi-tech hospitals. Very good day to day cover on this plan, 1 euro excess, refund of 130 per consultant visit, 75% refund for gp visits, 40 euro
refund for dental, physio etc upto a max refund of 5000 per year.

2. VHI Company Plan Extra Level 1; price 1670pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; no excess to pay in any private or hi-tech
hospitals for admissions or day case procedures. Very good day to day cover on this plan, 1 euro excess, 75% refund for consultants, gp visits,
refund of 35 for physio, dental etc upto a max refund of 4000 per year.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

The following 2 plans have a capped admission excess which means that you just pay for the first admission (150 x 1) and the rest of the admissions
are free in any private or hi-tech hospital. But there is a 50 euro excess for every day case procedure in any private hospital.
Barringtons hospital is covered on these 2 plans. Details as follows;

1. VHI PMI 07 10; price 1240pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year for
all admissions, day case excess 50 for every day case procedure. Good day to day cover on this plan, 1 euro excess, refund of 50% for consultants, gp, dental, physio etc upto a max refund of 1000 per year.

2. Laya Simply Connect Plus; price 1230pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess capped at 150 x 1 max
per year for all admissions, day case excess 50 euro for every day case procedure. Good day to day cover on this plan, 1 euro excess, refund of 50% for consultants, gp, dental, physio etc upto a max refund of 1000 per year.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

NOTE; If you are over 50 years of age, there is a six month waiting time just for upgraded day to day benefits only on VHI plans.
You would be covered for this six months on Teachers Plan while waiting.
There is no waiting time for day to day benefits on any Laya plan, cover is allowed straight away.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks so much, great suggestions.
Yes I do have a discount built in.
Could you suggest one or two Laya plans I could look at with similar cover before I make my mind up - cheaper if possible.

Thanks again

Back