Health Insurance Renewal for family

Shawshaw

Hi again.I have in the past received very good advice re health insurance(thanks Snowby) and am looking for some again.We are a family of 7 ,2 adults on Laya Control 450 Connect. A 19 year old on VHI pm 1211,18 year old one +plan and 16, 14 and 13 year olds also one +plan total 3055 euro.
I realise my bill has risen due to 2nd child now 18 and also no longer qualifying for a free child with Vhi.Do want to have cover for North West Hospital Ballykelly.Have found that we had a good bit of day to day expense this year ,which we cant claim with current policies That is another consideration.The renewal date is September. Just wondering are there any changes I can make to reduce premium many thanks.

Shawshaw,

Firstly, the half price childrens offer on One + Plan ends on 31 August 2018 so I would recommend asking VHI to change all the family's renewal
date to a suitable date in August 2018 to avail of savings.

To explain further about switching the whole family's renewal date to August, VHI have a cash back promotion at the moment which has to be completed before 1 September 2018. If you(the policyholder) sign up online to pay by salary deduction or direct debit there is a cash refund of 50 euro, also there is a further 50 euro cash refund for each adult member if they sign up to receive all documents online.
In total, this would mean a cash refund of 50 + 200 = 250, which would be lodged to your account after 1/9/2018.

Further details about this on the following links;
https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-launch-online-advantage-29052018

https://www.vhi.ie/onlineadvantage

Children; Aged 16, 14 and 13
If you can change renewal date to August, One + Plan is still best value for the 3 children. Price 139 per child.

Young Adults; 18 and 19 year olds
Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; Price 382pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private admission or 50 excess
per private day case procedure. Good day to day cover included - 50% refund for gp visits, dental, consultants etc.
[broken link removed]

2 Adults
One Plan 500; price 715pa; all public and private hospitals covered + Beacon hi-tech hospital covered, private excess 500 x 2 max for all
private admissions per person per year. Day case excess 150 per private procedure. Note; this plan does not cover the Blackrock Clinic or
Mater Private hi-tech hospitals which may not be an issue at this stage. It does cover North West Independent hospital.
[broken link removed]

Total family price;
3 children x 139 = 417
2 young adults x 382 = 764
2 adults x 715 = 1430
Total 2611

Total 2611 - 250 VHI cash back = 2361pa.

Hope this helps with your decisions.

Regards, Snowyb

Back