VHI Health Insurance Renewal Aug 22nd - Help !

Notsavy

Hi there,
Our family health insurance is due for renewal August 22nd.
We are all on different plans with VHI .
1. Myself PMI 3713 currently 1,193.78€
2. My husband One Plan 250 although thinking down the road he will need better orthopeadic cover 916.44€
3. 3 x kids , 10 and under One +Plan. 148.94 x 3
Total Renewal Cost this year is 2,557.04 - It has increased by 192€ for the year or 16€ per mth going forward.

I rang VHI - wanting to know if they had any equivalent cover packages for a lesser cost in their entire range etc .or even a slightly greater excess to reduce my costs .After 30 minute phone call ,best they came up with was a change for me to PMI 4316 which would cost 1171.59€ - which seems to be quite a similar plan but giving better day to day gp, dental etc returns?

I was advised to leave the kids on their current plan and to leave my husband as is ....

I find this whole area a minefield. If anyone can make any package recommendations from VHI or any other provider or have comments or advice, I would greatly appreciate same !!
Thanks so much

Hi deisechic,

Welcome to AAM. First of all, the advice for the children is correct and the best option on One + Plan.

Secondly, for yourself there is an alternative cheaper option, if day to day cover is not that important. Details as follows;
VHI PMI 44 16; price 1115pa; all public, private(including a private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission
or day case. Limited day to day cover.
VHI PMI 43 16 plan is a very good plan, including day to day cover if that matters to you.

[broken link removed]

Thirdly, for your husband, Laya healthcare are best value for orthopaedic cover. A similar alternative plan with full orthopaedic cover in private
hospitals is as follows;
Essential Health 300; price 932pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess 300 x 2 max per year and 125 excess per
day case.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back