Laya Health Insurance Renewal- 3 adults

sonas2013

I got some great advice here a few years ago from snowyb so hoping for a little more! I pay for three adult health insurance policies(mine& my two parents who are in their sixties)& they are up for renewal in the next two weeks.

My mum & I are on Laya Complete Simplicity and my father is on 360 Care. My father would have a lot of medical issues so needs a relatively high level of cover but my mother has great health. Im hoping to save a little on the renewal costs as it is a big commitment every month. If there are other good alternatives out there, I would be very grateful for the advice.

I heard Dermot Goode the health insurance expert on radio recently and he gave the following as good plans:
Irish Life Select Plus €953
Irish life4D Health 2: €1213
VHI PM13613: €1242
Laya - Simply Connect Plus €1250

You would need to check which policy would best suit your father but he said every member on your policy can be on a different plan. He also said you can ask if they have any corporate plan that may suit you and they are obliged to give you that alternative if you select a corporate plan. Hope you can save something.

sonas2013,

For your mother and yourself, the following Laya options are worth considering;

OPTION A; If cover for a private room in a private hospital is important, the following plan is an option;

1. Connect Simplicity; price 1329pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech
hospital excess 150 x 2 max per year for all private admissions; 100 excess per private day case procedure; Good day to day cover included
with a 1 euro excess, max refund per year is 1000 per person. If you do not use up this 1000 on day to day expenses, it can be transferred
over to another member on the same policy.

OPTION B; If cover for a private room in a private hospital is NOT important, the following 2 plans are alternative options;

1. Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 x 2 max per year
for all private admissions, day case excess 50 euro per private day procedure. Day to day cover included, max refund 500 per person per year,
ie(50% of 1000). This amount is not transferable to another person if not used up.

2. Simply Connect Plus; price 1250pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 x 1 max per year
for all private/hi-tech admissions; 50 euro excess per private/hi-tech day case procedures. Good day to day cover included, max refund 1000 per year per person(ie 50% of 2000). Again not transferable to another person if unused.

[broken link removed]

DAD Option;

There is an alternative option to 360 Care worth considering. Hospital cover and day to day cover is similar - the difference relates to the excess
for admissions and day case procedures in private/hi-tech hospitals. Price difference is 200 approx. Details as follows;

1. Laya 360 Care Select; price 1867pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. You are allowed
3 admissions or day case procedures with no excess to pay in any private or hi-tech hospital on this plan. You would start paying an excess for the fourth and subsequent admission/day case procedure. Inpatient excess 150 and day case excess 100 if applicable.
Day to day cover is identical as before on 360 Plan.

If you think your father would have more than 4 admissions or day case procedures per year, this plan would not be suitable.
For example, some people get certain procedures done say every three months as a standing order, so they would know in advance what excesses
to expect plus possible admissions.

[broken link removed]

Good savings to be achieved for your mother and yourself. Note, you could opt for Simply Connect and your mother say Connect Simplicity if
it suits etc.

Regards, Snowyb

Back