Health expenses not being claimed when filing tax return

223daheadonu

Hi

I've uploaded my health expenses for the years 2022 and 2023 to my receipt tracker on my account and subsequently files my tax returns for those years a few times now but my receipts in the tracker are not being claimed nor are my health expenses showing in the statements of liability that have been issued.

I did my due diligence and all of the health expenses I've claimed for are eligible for tax relief , I'm a newbie when it comes to these sort of thing's so have I done something wrong here? I've talked to a few people about this and have been told that I've seemed to do everything correctly and the situation is very odd.

Also I reached out to revenue through my enquiries asking about this and they just replied that I need to file my tax returns to claim health expenses , which I already did.

Thanks for the help.

Hi

I've uploaded my health expenses for the years 2022 and 2023 to my receipt tracker on my account and subsequently files my tax returns for those years a few times now but my receipts in the tracker are not being claimed nor are my health expenses showing in the statements of liability that have been issued.

I did my due diligence and all of the health expenses I've claimed for are eligible for tax relief , I'm a newbie when it comes to these sort of thing's so have I done something wrong here? I've talked to a few people about this and have been told that I've seemed to do everything correctly and the situation is very odd.

Also I reached out to revenue through my enquiries asking about this and they just replied that I need to file my tax returns to claim health expenses , which I already did.

Thanks for the help.

The receipts tracker is a facility provided to help taxpayers to track their medical expenses and - to the best of my knowledge - its contents aren't automatically transferred into your annual tax return. So if you haven't specifically claimed for your health expenses in your annual tax return, then Revenue hasn't "seen" them (and, judging by Revenue's response to your contact, that appears to be the situation).

I have claimed for the correct amount each year that I added up from the receipt tracker.

I clicked to claim the tax credit and confirmed it when I initially did my tax return for 2022 and 2023 and every time afterwards.

There has to be something I'm missing here right??

Good to see (on Boards.ie) that you're now sorted! :D:D I knew that Revenue wouldn't let you down!

Back