Health Check Service

moneypenny

I have been asked to source a yearly health check-up service to be implemented at work if cost effective. Anyone aware of clinics offering this service? Company is located in sandyford with about 400 employees. A cost estimate per person would also be very useful. Many thanks.

There is a crowd that come to work, I will post their name in a couple of weeks when I go back, (ha ha), hope time is not of the essence.
It is volunatry and subsidised a bit by the company.
There are options e.g. diabetes, liver test, heart or whatever and the price depends on what you want checked.
Maybe €90 for basic screen.

i would proceed with caution and be aware that not all employees will wish to avail of this even though some could / would benefit from the assessments.
If you contact the VHI or BUPA they would be able to give you avice and maybe how to implement such a scheme at work too.

Get in touch with your local public health doctor. The Beacon clinic and their equivalent will just use locum doctors with no particular qualification in public health. You will be charged top dollar for the nice building and the name.
I had my last insurance medical at the Beacon and was seriously unimpressed by their medical standard. Very good coffee, very pretty receptionists and very comfy chairs but not what I was paying for (well the bank paid for it but you get my point).

The company I work for organised this recently through the VHI. We went out to their health centre on the Naas Road and had the works - blood test, health screenings etc. Not too sure how much it cost as I wasn't paying!! Anyway worth checking out so give them a buzz for the details.

The crowd I work for are getting Cardicheck, not sure where they are based to do the checks. The employee cost is €43 for the basic. Our company is subsiding the cost a bit, not sure how muck. There are extra tests like urine, blood etc that all cost a bit more.
I am not sure how many are taking up the offer, I am not myself, did it the last time a few years ago and don't need to repeat.

Beware of simplistic lifestyle questionaires, e.g. 'Do you drink alcohol?', whereas they really should be asking about average units per week, and maximum units per session etc.

Back