Heading to Calgary / Toronto any suggestions

boris

Heading to Calgary and Toronto for a few days next week. Any ideas on sightseeing/shopping/eating etc.

What kinds of thing do you want to do? Are you traveling with kids or just adults?
There are loads of things to do in and around both cities just depends what you are interested in and what your age groups are and how much time you have in each spot.
ad

My other half is attending a conference so I will be on my own most of the day. A general mix of what is available would suit.

Boris,
If in Toronto, try to get to Niagara Falls, 90 minutes from Toronto, makes a nice day trip, a wonderful experience. Also catch the view from the top of the CN tower. The Eaton centre is good for shopping. Casa Loma, an old stately castle is worth seeing too.

Never been to Calgary, sorry!

Hope this helps,

I would second many of Thedoc's suggestions. I'm a Montreal so Toronto isn't my thing, I've only been there to do kid stuff like Canada's Wonderland.
Niagara Falls might help fill a particularly long day if your OH is attending a conference, would really be worth the trip!
As for Calgary, I have only been there during the Stampede which I believe is finished. The sales tax however in Alberta is extreemly low so if you're going to do any shopping this would be the place.

ad

If in Calgary, head up to Canada Olympic park http://www.canadaolympicpark.ca/ where you can get a dry run (no ice this time of year) down the Bobsleigh Track there.
You should also try and head to the Rockies and to Banff under an hours drive from Calgary, there is a natural hot spring there http://www.hotsprings.ca/ ,
on up to Lake Loiuse which is a very scenic place although the hotel there reminds me of the Film the Shining!

hi boris,
i would suggest visiting the islands on ontario lake. If you go down to the harbour in toronto, you can easily get a boat trip to the islands. It is a complete change from the city & only about 20 mins away. There are beaches there & everything. A great way to relax. CN tower is a must too & you must eat in the revolving restaurant- an unbelievable experience!
Its a great city-enjoy

Just back from holiday in Toronto and the Canadian Rockies.Only flew into Calgary.If you have time you can get a bus direct from Calgary to Banff [1.5 hours] Well worth visiting Lake Louise further north.Calgary stampede over now.Do not forget Kensington markets in Toronto

Thats correct Oldtimer, heading to the Credit Union Conference as a companion. Never been to it before but I believe if you are attending the conference as an observer that it is very interesting to see what other countries are doing especially those that are developing.

Back