Hayfield Manor Cork

B

Baz

Anyone ever been to Hayfield Manor? Thinking of booking it for a few days in Apr & would appreciate any thoughts/comments...

Thanks!

I've never stayed in the hotel but I have eaten there several times. It is a beautiful old house in lovely grounds in a very good location. The staff have always been very nice and helpful but you still maintain that little bit of distance you would expect in a 5* hotel. (This is the only 5* hotel in Cork). They have a small swimming pool and day spa and a superb dinner menu which is a bit of a mouthful to read and to eat! Being from Cork I have never been able to justify staying there myself but I think I may just have talked myself into it! Enjoy!

Have eaten there a few times. But, we ate there last week and were very, very disappointed. There were four of us and two of had to send back our main courses, something that never happened before. Perhaps they were just having a bad day or have a new chef ...

I have stayed there a number of times over the years as a treat. The food is excellent and service also, there are no surprises as with the prices one expects that level of professionalism.
The rooms are lovely and tasty rather that big and brash.
The location is great for walking in the ground of UCC etc..
If you have the money go for it

Back