Haven cut rates but no mention of EBS

It's getting very complicated

"Haven is also introducing a €2,000 contribution towards professional fees for new customers and those switching."

AIB pays €2,000 to whom? Switchers only?

EBS pays 2% cash back to all new customers?

Haven pays €2,000.

Brendan

Last edited:
This is the response we got from AskAIB over on another forum

"
Hi,

EBS is part of the AIB Group, however, it is a separate financial entity with its own distinct customer base of both depositors and mortgage holders with its own products, price points and offers. EBS has reduced its home loan standard variable and LTV (Loan to Value) mortgage rates for both new and existing customers on 3 occasions over the past 18 months. It has also reduced fixed rates on 3 occasions over this period and has very competitive variable and fixed rates. EBS at this time is not in a position to pass on a further rate reduction but continues to actively monitor and review its Mortgage pricing."

Another generic,scripted answer. Its really sickening me the way we are being treated. I'm contacting local politicians again. Would advise fellow EBS victims and anyone else to do likewise.

This is the response we got from AskAIB over on another forum

"
Hi,

EBS is part of the AIB Group, however, it is a separate financial entity with its own distinct customer base of both depositors and mortgage holders with its own products, price points and offers. EBS has reduced its home loan standard variable and LTV (Loan to Value) mortgage rates for both new and existing customers on 3 occasions over the past 18 months. It has also reduced fixed rates on 3 occasions over this period and has very competitive variable and fixed rates. EBS at this time is not in a position to pass on a further rate reduction but continues to actively monitor and review its Mortgage pricing."

Another generic,scripted answer. Its really sickening me the way we are being treated. I'm contacting local politicians again. Would advise fellow EBS victims and anyone else to do likewise.

Hi Toby,

I'm with on this, so sick of these responses. I'm going to call EBS tomorrow to ask/complain. I will also email local TD's, Michael McGrath, etc. I'm like yourself in negative equity and unable to switch.

For a new mortgage could you take the 2% cashback from EBS and then switch to Haven availing of the contribution to legal fees and lower rate?

Back