Have you flown to Orlando with Aer Lingus recently?

I suspect, ilovepink, that precisely because RonBurgundy does care about such things as service, quality and value for money that has made his comments.
He felt let down and you should not be "gutted that he spoke badly about one's place of work".

If ,after paying a lot of money to Aer Lingus, he feels that its staff were not to the standard of Continental then he should say so.
That is one of the purposes of these types of websites -as long as one isn't rude and offensive.

EI pilots and cabin staff earn twice as much as their opposite numbers in Ryanair -and then scream in horror when the management propose cuts in order to survive against the competition. EI pilots can earn up to 200.000 p.a. for a few hours work per week. Now, that's offensive.

I have some doubts as to whether EI will be flying to Orlando next Summer, though with the dollar low there may be enough bookings to warrant the route. Not so on a few other transatlantic routes which they'll have to cancel.
Assuming there's no suicidal strike looming.........

I have some doubts as to whether EI will be flying to Orlando next Summer, though with the dollar low there may be enough bookings to warrant the route. Not so on a few other transatlantic routes which they'll have to cancel.

I would have assumed the low dollar comment would have applied to all their transatlantic routes surely ??

Insofar as the original post is concerned this link might clarify the matter as all aircraft used on U.S. routes have now been updated with personal entertainment systems . . . . . . [broken link removed]

We are over here in Orlando at the moment, travelled out last saturday 31st. I must say the experience was a rather good one, and that was with two children under three as well.
The plane we came out on was one of the new ones with the tv,s in the back of the seats. The food was crap as usual, but I dont eat anything that any airline i travel with serves up.
I dont know where the nine hours went, but the flight seemed to go quickly. The plane was half empty, but as we all know the reason for this is because of the extortionate amount of money AL charge for the trip. If only they would stop giving away free seats to their friends and families, then maybe their planes would be full.:rolleyes: We are coming over again in May 2010 and travelling with Virgin from Manchester, the four of us got tickets for €1,100.00.......AL for same dates €1,900.00, go figure.

Back