Have Kildare CoCo reduced monthly rent allowance from €850 to €725 for new rentals?

I still have to formally apply and be accepted. If FCC turn around and say no (there was no mention of it from them, they seemed to be talking like it would be a formality but who knows) then unfortunately my tenants will have to seek something else. 775 is just too low and it's probably going to be cut again in December, so it's the RAS or nothing for these tenants. Let's hope it works out (have to get BER next week and TC2 from revenue before I can apply).

I presume your tenants would be agreeable to go with RAS. Check with them and get them to check with the Council on all the details. There can be a greater contribution by the tenant in some situations. Get them to put all their income ie SW and any other income on paper and to organise all paperwork in relation to their income before the go to meet the Council. They need to sort out their end as early as possible. There is no point in you having yourself organised and then find that they are not interested. You or your accountant can get the tax free clearance on line. Make sure you have tax situation up to date. Get quotes for your BER Cert.

They'd be delighted to be able to stay Dermot. The last thing they want is to have to move into a 2 bed or God forbid smaller. I already have the BER guy lined up (doing it for €130, which is ok) and I'm organising the TC2 as well. No harm in having either of these things tbh. I'll get my tenants to get on to the council and see what they need from them. Even if they have to pay a bit more, they'll do it, rather than move to something smaller (they could never have family over etc. which they do regularly enough as it is as they can use the spare room).

That looks like taking a weight off your mind. You got a good price for your BER Cert. That will last you 10 years anyway. Happy for you.

Back