Have I been made a fair offer?

What kind of salaries had you been earning previously and in what locations\countries?

You should definitely hold out for a €100k offer. They clearly don't appreciate your talents. I'm sure there will be a long queue at your door of HR people just waiting to get you on board. Sure the €70k that you'd have earned while looking for your €100k job is just peanuts.

Couldn't agree more!;)

It's hardly worth getting out of bed for less than 2,000 a week.
And what's worse, is that they would probably expect you to come in 5 days a week. Bloody slave drivers, what a cheek!!

I wouldn't get out of bed for €100K, I would hold off...either that or look for a 6month review which would bring you closer to the salary you expect...

If you feel you're worth it, why short change yourself? I wouldn't.

I wouldn't get out of bed for €100K, I would hold off...either that or look for a 6month review which would bring you closer to the salary you expect...

If you feel you're worth it, why short change yourself? I wouldn't.

Clearly the OP logged in as another user :)

Thanks for the advice.

I spoke with HR and gave the lady a piece of my mind.

She says that they cant increase the offer but that there will be a review next Feb and I could expect a 4 or 5% increase.

This has left me more depressed. a 4% increase, where is the incentive to work?!! I have my doubts about this crowd.

ha, I needed a laugh tonight - just got it. Tks :)

I dont even know what trolling is. I am 100% genuine. I do appreciate the advice but I am genuinely dissapointed with the offer made to me. 70k seems like a pittance to me. Im sorry if i upset people with this view.

Are you saying that for your education and experience 70K is not enough?

Fair enough I guess - but as people have said already, in the current climate the company obviously A) do not think you are worth 100k or B) are giving you the market value of what they think that role is worth.

So, you are either grossly over valuing yourself or they are grossly under valuing the role. And these days, its an employers market - you are not the only one out there now with 10+ years experience and degrees/masters/PhDs.

I think some of the problem here is that you are making wild statements and not backing them up - hence people taking you for a troll.

Why would 70K not be enough to live on? If you do have such a lavish life style, would the difference of 30K really make much of a difference?

70k is an insult!

I'd march into the HR office and slap the manager across the face :D
And demand a decent offer for your many skills

So definitly hold out for 100k and let some sucker who needs a job and has 10 years experience takes this one

Back