have a site now what happens in relation to planning?

unsurediy

can any 1 tell me what the 1st steps are when thinking of applying for planning permission and the costs involved and if planning is granted can the foundation be laid and the rest of the house finished at any time as i know work must start within 5 years of planning being granted ?

Re: have a site now what ?

You need to have substantial exterior completition within 5 years ie roof on.

I believe you can get an extension on the planning permission(not sure though !)

Hard to understand why OP acquired a site without knowing what to do next. But it mainly involves a planning application with details of the proposed development, septic tank (if applicable) accompanied by plans. If planning is granted, it is for a five year period and an extension is granted if the house reaches roof level. Beware that local authorties are getting tough on unauthorised planning like the provision of garages that are not on the original plans.

the site is family land which i recently drained and cleared my intention is to apply for pp on this site and build the house stage by stage when i have the money for each stage,do the foundation then save up for the blockwork and so on i just dont know where to start and whether i can do this over more than 5 yrs if i have to

Your local authority will have the necessary expanatory booklets available if you call in to their office to start.

Back