Hassle Changing providers

roker

I hate having to negotiate a new contract every year so I decided to change my broadband and telephone to Vidafone saving €40 a month.
I agreed the contract on the phone and gave my details, after they emailed me I notice the landline telephone number was different.
Every Vodafone number that I contacted wanted my account number or telephone number, as I didn't yet have an account number and it refused my telephone number I could not get to talk to anyone.
Eventually after an hour of trying I got to talk to someone who told me I would have to keep the wrong number until I was connected and then request a change. I told them that I do not want another number and this had never happened switching befire, I also at this stage did not believe a word they said and asked them to cancel my arrangement under their 14 day cooling off arrangement. And to add insult their cancellation team will be 3 working days before they contact me.
What a tangled web Vodafone has created.

I got a text last week from them at 5 a.m. telling me what last month's broadband/phone bill was.

Mistakes happen.

Is your current landline (the correct number) working?

I have heard of Vodafone changing numbers for quite a few customers. If keeping your old number is important then do not use Vodafone. They will not get back your old number.

You can raise it with Comreg (for all the good that will do). You are entitled to keep your number.

You can raise it with Comreg (for all the good that will do). You are entitled to keep your number.
They're prepared to loose customers over it, there will be many more like me who will cancel, it was done underhanded, I happened to notice the small print.
The next thing is, will they cancel the standing order and how to get the modem back to them.
Thiy just text me today saying the engineer will call Frid
and I've cancelled a week ago.

Last edited:
Back