Has Smart Telecom gone down?

No by the looks of it, one last chance according to prime time ,Some main share holder in Cavan to the rescue for the time been

I see from Comregs site that Broadband customers can't be guaranteed even minimal telephone services at this time. There are three classifications of customers and the third group, Broadband customers, have an uncertain future, for telephone service.

I am a Smart Telecom broadband customer. I've just e mailed comreg to know what is my position if I decide to switch suppliers (a) must I "rescue" my previously held phone number from Eircom, i.e. return to Eircom even temporarily. (b) How does one stand in relation to the signed 12 months broadband contract. Can one be held to this even though it appears that Smart are the defaulters.

All very nebulious.

Justsally

I see from Comregs site that Broadband customers can't be guaranteed even minimal telephone services at this time. There are three classifications of customers and the third group, Broadband customers, have an uncertain future, for telephone service.

I am a Smart Telecom broadband customer. I've just e mailed comreg to know what is my position if I decide to switch suppliers (a) must I "rescue" my previously held phone number from Eircom, i.e. return to Eircom even temporarily. (b) How does one stand in relation to the signed 12 months broadband contract. Can one be held to this even though it appears that Smart are the defaulters.

All very nebulious.

Justsally

Hi Justsally

Can you post again when you get a reply, I'm in the same boat as you and would especially like to know if Smart will enforce the 12 month contract, I'm only 3 weeks in to the contract!!!

Thanks,

Cian8

Hi Cian8

Sure, as soon as I have any response from Comreg I'll post the details here.

Justsally

I am with Smart these last three months. I have outgoing calls but no incoming. Broadband is still working. I logged onto to Comreg several times and tried to get info on Smart. Each time my computer closed down completely. I rang Eircom about going back to them. Because I have changed my phone number to Smart I may have to pay a connection fee. The lady in Eircom is to ring me back on mobile as they are trying to waive this charge.

Any idea of the outcome of this ... are Smart just ceasing to trade? Are they gonna be able to gather the cash to pay what's due to Eircom?

Hi, imagine.ie have a adv in todays independent asking Smart customers to contact them on 1890 92 92 92 with smart telecom a/c and phone number they are offering all local and national calls for €9.99 per month, I checked their web site and landline is €24.99 per month

Hi, imagine.ie have a adv in todays independent asking Smart customers to contact them on 1890 92 92 92 with smart telecom a/c and phone number they are offering all local and national calls for €9.99 per month, I checked their web site and landline is €24.99 per month

There's been lots of comment here, and on www.boards.ie about why you should think twice before going to imagine as well. Unclear and inconsistent pricing and t's and c's is at least one of those reasons.

I am with Smart these last three months. I have outgoing calls but no incoming. Broadband is still working. I logged onto to Comreg several times and tried to get info on Smart. Each time my computer closed down completely.
Are you implying that Smart, eircom or Comreg are now switching your PC off? :confused:

I have Smart and my services (phone and broadband) were switched off yesterday. The phone was gone on Tuesday but restored after the "interim solution" announcement. Now everything is gone. Seems like the the announcement was to appease the media and then Eircom just went about switching people off again. Have called Smart they don't know what's going on (well the customer services staff anyway) and have I've emailed Comreg, no response yet though.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

It's worth checking out Perlico's offer of unlimited Local & National Calls for 29.99 and this includes line rental.

www.perlico.com

Seems to be the best offer out there.

Are you implying that Smart, eircom or Comreg are now switching your PC off? :confused:
No Clubman but it was very strange. A message came up saying all physical memory would be dumped and the computer closed down. This happened three or four times when I tried to access the info for Smart customers on the ComReg site. Maybe with all that's going on in the Dail I am getting paranoid.

There's something wrong with your PC so - nothing to do with Smart, eircom, ComReg, Bertie etc.

My smart experience.
I am one of those who have also been cut off by eircom as I was a smart customer. However the funny thing is I had left Smart in July.

I rang talk talk to see if they were having problems as well and they said no. They could see by their records that I had an account with them but they informed me that I closed my account on the 7th August.
I was agast, I did not close my account and I informed them that I had recieved a bill (for E125) in September in the talk talk headed paper and the agent checked with billing to say they had never sent out a bill. In fact we were in credit.

I was upset as I fell this is a personal invasion of my privacy, but what was more upsetting was that Smart after closing my talktalk account, took a direct debit on the 11th of Spetember. So the company used personal information they had about me to close my account with their competitor, with out my consent and took money from me. Has anyone experienced this with Smart. BTW I am in contact with comreg about this as I am appauled and feel very violated.
Pinky

My bb was 3 mb just checked today flying high at 5.8, I think they are worth another chance, remember Bill Gates had a little idea called Dos went to Apple with it and they told him to shut the door behind him, same man bailed them out years later by buying their dying stock, so I for one will give them another go

I'm on the Beggar's Bush exchange. I have lost no service - calls or BB - over the last few days. I wonder which exchanges eircom pulled the plug on? I have a nasty feeling they wouldn't have dared around here - business area and affluent residential. In any case I think it was a fairly cynical move. Surely no retail telecomms provider should have power over the infrastructure in the way eircom do. Anyway, rant over, I hope I never have to go back to eircom (I had the usual lengthy problems sorted within days by setting comreg on them - before comreg lost any credibility - rant not quite over) and will be quite happy to stay with smart, especially with my current 5.6 Mps connection!

Back