Has PTSB stopped processing mortgage applications?

Kilconleagirl

Hi there,
I am in the process of applying for a switch to ptsb, it took a month to finally get some documentation following meeting a manager and i dont even thinks its a mortage application they sent, over 2. 5 weeks ago i dropped in all the required documentation and have made several enquiries to see where the application is at and still am be fobbed off, just wondering is anyone else experiencing the same with ptsb?

They are extraordinarily slow.

Put everything in writing; telephone calls are a waste of time in my experience.

They were always slow; don't believe the location of staff makes much difference.

They are very slow. I assume the underwriters and decision makers are in the Blackrock office (only because I work nearby and hear them talking about work on the DART), while the people who talk through the application are tied to branches. You cannot talk to anyone in a branch without wading through Open24's 1 million menus and the centralised teams have no phone lines. So its painfully uncoordinated. I understand they are going to move in future to a more electronic system.

You need to talk to a Territory Sales Manager who will manage the application from start to finish. I had a very good experience with them. PM me for contact details.

Back