Has google search radio button "Country Specific Filter" "pages from Ireland" gone?

ajapale

Where is the google search radio button "pages from Ireland" gone?

All of a sudden this radio button is missing and I can only search .com. This is very irritating.

If you actually enter your search words into the search box on www.google.ie & do a search, on the left hand side of the results page that then appears, (just underneath The web), if you click on Pages from Ireland , it will bring up the Ireland results - at least it does on mine anyway (using Firefox).

It's gone for me in both Firefox and IE.

I have to search the entire web and then click on the button to the left to filter it down to Irish sites only.

I have cleared all the history in Firefox, three times and it's still gone.

Brendan

It’s very irritating. One way around this is to actually perform a search, & go to the results page where it shows the Pages from Ireland filter, clicking Pages from Ireland to bring up the Ireland results. Then copy that entire URL. Then set that URL as your Home Page (or a Bookmark).

Then each time you bring up your Home Page those results will show, so it’s a matter of highlighting & deleting your previous search words & entering new ones & clicking Search. This brings up any new searches with the Ireland results.

It’s painful, but it works. There must be some simpler way to do it, as it seems like a step backwards rather than an improvement.

I found it on the left hand panel, which for me reads;

Everything
News
More
Pages from Ireland

Certainly is irritating.

What about using iGoogle, still allows Pages from Ireland, even if you have not set up iGoogle, and without logging in.

But, does defeat the beauty of the much-vaunted simple GUI

:( Bad Google!!

Podgerodge on the google site articulates my views precisely:

[broken link removed] [broken link removed] Level 2
4/25/10

Same problem here in Ireland. No "pages from Ireland button".

Please Google "Gob es" - please trying to fix what isn't broken. Do you really want people to go to Bing???

And Jem (Google employee) - please explain what it is about Google employees that makes them think there is nothing wrong with annoying people with your product?

Go away and do an experiment called [broken link removed] the local pages search and see how many people go and visit it.

Prats.

Back