Has anyone used Mortgages.ie

tomfox3

I'd like to shop around to see who would give me a mortgage.
I have prepared all of the relevant documents, p60, payslips etc, savings etc.
Rather than approach 5 or 6 institutions individually and furnish all this information 5 or 6 times, I'm thinking of just using mortgages.ie to shop around for me.
Has anyone used them? Is there an alternative that would be best to "shop around" for mortgage approval.

thanks

Any good broker can shop around for you. However, realistically depending on your application and circumstances there may be little to be gained from applying to all available lenders.

Also, bear in mind that not all banks deal with brokers. Ulster Bank and Bank of Ireland do not, for two. I don't think Danske do either (?).

Some banks are only lending below a specific LTV level, for instance KBC will lend only at <80% LTV, Danske at <70% I'm told. So taking that into account there may be some lenders that are not suitable for you.

The bulk of lending is offered by AIB and BoI, and if I were you (again, I don't know your own individual circumstances) I'd focus on them. Personally I would be reluctant to deal with PTSB or EBS (if the latter are even lending) due to their recent history. Ulster Bank have suffered a few high profile system / procedural failures and I would be wary of them also. I wouldn't deal with ICS as their SVR is 4.8% - that is simply too high.

The SVR of the banks is known, so a broker is not going to get you a great "deal". If I were you I'd apply to AIB yourself and see how that goes. I have no experience with mortgages.ie

Back