Has anyone stayed in Carton House recently

olivia

Thinking of booking a weekend for 2 adults and 2 children to celebrate hubby's 50th. Price seems very good but reviews on Tripadvisor are very mixed. Has anyone any recent experience of staying there or like to recommend somewhere else preferably within 2 hours drive of Galway with a pool...............

Hi Olivia,
I would also like to hear peoples comments on Carton House. Was thinking of booking a romantic weekend there with Mrs JT but I am a bit put off by the negative comments on Tripadvisor, especially about the bad service. We stayed at the Monart near Enniscorthy earlier in the year and would love to find somewhere that matches it for facilities and service.

Thanks,
JT.

I would recommend Marriot Johnstown House in Enfield. 2 Hrs from Galway if not a little less. Great pool and the spa is fantastic ( I just spend over 4 hrs in it today).
I have never stayed in the hotel as live beside it but my sister has stayed there with friends and says the rooms are great and so is the breakfasts.
I have eaten there numerous times and always great. You are 20 mins from liffey valley if you wanted to do some shopping or take the kids to the cinema.

I've stayed there 3 or 4 times over the last few years and always really enjoyed it. Staff and food was excellent. I've never been to the Monart but I'd imagine the spa there is more luxurious than that in Carton house

I stayed a few weeks ago. Can't fault it. Staff and food were excellent so don't take trip advisor reviews too seriously.

Stayed there last weekend for my 40th birthday - we had a small family gathering and stayed just the Friday night. Would thoroughly recommend it - go for 2 nights though if you can - 1 is never enough. Food excellent - we sat around 730pm and had lovely views out onto the gardens - ask for a window table. Nice leisurely pace - no hurry dining - we were there nearly 3 hours ! Place is nicely spread out - there was a wedding on and we hardly saw them. Lots of lovely little courtyards and cosy corners to sit out in (weather permitting of course !) Haven for golfers with 2 top courses but the clubhouse is away from the hotel so not an issue if not playing.
Lots of lovely walks around the hotel grounds. Went for a dip in the morning - nice pool with separate kids area and the usual jacuzzi, sauna, gym etc. Rooms were lovely, think we were in a deluxe (one up from standard ?) which were a decent size. Rooms are located quite a walk from reception so ask for help with luggage if not offered !

Thinking of booking a weekend for 2 adults and 2 children to celebrate hubby's 50th. Price seems very good but reviews on Tripadvisor are very mixed. Has anyone any recent experience of staying there or like to recommend somewhere else preferably within 2 hours drive of Galway with a pool...............
I had a client stay there recently and they had a great time. Nice leisure area, great grounds....it is a quality spot.

Back