Has anyone purchased a apartment in the Lumiere project in Leeds UK.

Re: Lumiere

Has anyone purchased a apartment in the Lumiere project in Leeds Uk.

no, but I know the one in Manchester (west properties in think) and it is one of the best finished developments in Manchester - very impressive imo

Have you any web-site address for the development in Manchester

just found out that guys the Lumiere development in Leeds ARE NOT the dame guys (West Properties) who did the Lumiere development in Manchester, the scheme just have the same name

http://www.kwlinfootplc.com/index.php?id=64&type=3

Focus, it is being built by Kevin Linfoot. He has developed a huge amount of residential apartments within a km from Lumiere and you should find others on here who have bought from Linfoots who can tell you about the finish and their buying experiences etc. You could not get a better site in Leeds than Lumiere ... but I presume prices are sky high also, as will service charges be ... and given the rental situation in Leeds and UK interest rates, I assume you will be losing a lot of cashflow every year if you were to borrow in Stg with an 80% LTV mortgage. Will the capital appreciation be worth it?

Yes I did - on the 44th floor ....

Forget about 300k for a one bed ....
Forget about services fees ...
Forget about Cash Flow Issues ....

This is the IFSC x 5 if you ask me ....

I think this is serious pension (i'm retiring at 45) material ...

If your interested (if there's any left) I may have a way in for you ...

Joebro

ps I'm seriuos I think it's miles above anything else there + you cannot lose .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did - on the 44th floor ....

Forget about 300k for a one bed ....
Forget about services fees ...
Forget about Cash Flow Issues ....

This is the IFSC x 5 if you ask me ....

I think this is serious pension (i'm retiring at 45) material ...

If your interested (if there's any left) I may have a way in for you ...

Joebro

ps I'm seriuos I think it's miles above anything else there + you cannot lose .....

Forget about cashflow, service charges ec.....?????

What about .... forget about making a sensible investment

You may have a way in you say? ......You have me running a mile Joebro.

Anyone thinking of investing in an apartment in Leeds city centre should hold off for the moment, the city is saturated with apartments for sale, with more to come on line. They are experiencing very little appreciation or no capital appreciation. A lot of stock has been brought by investors with people I have come across whoare stuck with apartments worth less than they paid for them.

Leeds has also been heavily criticised by UK bodies such as CABE for bad planning in the city centre with apartment complexes providing little or no amenities for tenants. Factor in increasing interest rates and this is looking a precarious market in the short-term for investors. Apartment investors only have to look at their competition ie the thousands of other apartments to see where problems could arise with other supply and competition for tenants. A interesting trend in the UK at the moment is in traditional market towns, which are less than hour from major cities, which are experiencing a revival.

Forget about cashflow, service charges ec.....?????

What about .... forget about making a sensible investment

You may have a way in you say? ......You have me running a mile Joebro.

That was the intention :)

Seriously even if I cannot rent it I will certainly enjoy the view from the 44th south facing floor ...

And if it all goes to pot well i'll just have to put it down to seriously bad luck.

I dunno what the UK is like but you have already hit the down trun years ago so steady appriciation is what i'm after plus it beats the hell out of the garden shed I have, valued in Dublin (€450k), in my back garden ...

With regards to holding off due to saturation in Leeds I thought the same over here and the property just sold for 750k instad of 75k ...

ps if you have a Ukrainian Wife buy sth of Kiev - from 10k => 50k in 1yr

Back