Bikini Widow
Registered User
- Messages
- 88
Hi all,
I have an EBS tracker mortgage on my principal residence, with approximately €135,000 outstanding and around 10 years remaining.
I am considering using proceeds from the sale of an inherited second property to make a substantial partial repayment or clear the mortgage in full. I have confirmed that there is no overpayment penalty.
My question is... Before contacting EBS, does anyone know of anyone who successfully negotiated a reduction in the outstanding capital, or another financial incentive, in return for voluntarily redeeming a tracker mortgage?
I would be particularly interested in:
I appreciate that a tracker is not necessarily loss-making for the lender. I would simply like to establish whether there are any genuine examples of a lender offering an incentive before I make the enquiry.
Thanks.
BW
I have an EBS tracker mortgage on my principal residence, with approximately €135,000 outstanding and around 10 years remaining.
I am considering using proceeds from the sale of an inherited second property to make a substantial partial repayment or clear the mortgage in full. I have confirmed that there is no overpayment penalty.
My question is... Before contacting EBS, does anyone know of anyone who successfully negotiated a reduction in the outstanding capital, or another financial incentive, in return for voluntarily redeeming a tracker mortgage?
I would be particularly interested in:
- Actual experiences with EBS, although examples from other lenders would be helpful.
- When the offer was made and whether it was a published scheme or individually negotiated.
- Whether it involved full repayment, rather than switching to a fixed or variable mortgage.
- Which department dealt with the request and whether any conditions applied.
I appreciate that a tracker is not necessarily loss-making for the lender. I would simply like to establish whether there are any genuine examples of a lender offering an incentive before I make the enquiry.
Thanks.
BW
