Has anyone had a bill yet from Greyhound Recycling on behalf of DublinCityCouncil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effie

Just wondering if anyone has got their bill from Greyhound Recycling for the last quarter of DCC waste collection and how did they pay it if they hadn't signed up to Greyhound?

I didn't sign up with Greyhound and am wondering will the card that they initally sent me, allow me to just pay this bill on it's own without Greyhound thinking that I'm not paying their service charge and signing up with them?

Still can't believe that it's now 3 months into the new year and still the no sign of it given that DCC are so skint I would have thought they would have demanded their share of money owed and paid over to them ASAP!

I have discontinued using their service as well.

I emailed them about returning the old bins but got response yet, other than an auto response. Anyone know what happens here?

I'd be wondering the same thing...

I went with Greyhound, but so far, as far as I can make out, there's been no mention of any outstanding amount from the DCC days: it's as if it didn't exist.

Getting your bin removed !

Hi Brendan,

If you didn't sign up with Greyhound Recycling then you could try ringing DCC directly and ask them to remove the old ones. I have heard that they may remove black and brown ones but you might still have problems with getting the green one removed

I have discontinued using their service as well.

I emailed them about returning the old bins but got response yet, other than an auto response. Anyone know what happens here?
Put your old bins in your new recycling bin in time for your next collection? ;)

I got this bill too during the week. I thought I was fully up to date :-(

It specifically says on it that it cannot be paid with the Greyhound card. You have to pay it the usual way you used to pay your DCC bill.

I just got mine as well for the period up to 12th January - I cannot believe it took them just over 4 months to issue it. What a joke. The company I work for would not survive if we waited 4 months to bill our customers!

I just got bill for the final quarter but the balance carried forward on the bill is a higher figure from the balance on the previous bill I received from them last year (which I still have). Surely that is basic accounting :confused:

I emailed them at the email address provided and got a response back from some other company name to say that they don't have access to the information and to call DCC.....why would you give an email address for enquiries but then tell customers they have to phone instead??

I got my bill for Oct 2011-Jan 2012 this week. I tried to pay it online using my account number and the verification code the provided but for some reason it wasn't accepted even though I had always paid my DCC bill online before.

Anyway I paid it in the post office but you can also send them a cheque in the post or pay by phone using you credit card.

I think DCC may have problems collecting this final payment!

I paid my DCC/Greyhound bill for the last quarter of 2012 in June 2012, got a receipt from Greyhound and can see the transaction gone through my credit card.

However, just got a letter this morning from a company called Payaway saying I never paid the bill and I have 10 days to pay or they will start legal action.

Do Greyhound actually know what they are doing. Anybody else get this letter but have actually paid. They also still havent explained why I had any balance due in the first place for Q42012 even though I had the bill in full, as earlier posters have referred to.

Also got this letter from Payaway (debt collection agency) yesterday looking for payment!
I think greyhound previous send a letter looking for final quater DCC payment 2011, but with no explaination of the costs.
I've no problem paying, but they don't make it easy to verify if they are correct.
Has anyone check their own records and found they should have paid DCC?

I got that letter a couple of months ago from DCC with Greyhound also on the letterhead. It outlined the lifts etc for the period in question, which are'nt correct. They've overstated the number of lifts.
Have'nt seen a Payaway arrears letter yet, though I suspect it's on the way!

My bill from Greyhound for DCC bin usage was correct.I still haven't paid it though.Let's just say its on the "really must pay this some fine day" pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back